Divorce is not easy. It can be expensive, time consuming, acrimonious, and unsettling to say the least. With Collaborative Divorce, some of the common stressors of divorce are alleviated through a resolution process designed to preserve the integrity and dignity of families in conflict.
Benefits of Collaborative Divorce:
- More cost effective than traditional litigation.
- Takes less time than going to court.
- Keeps families out of stressful court situations, therefore safeguarding children from undue trauma while protecting their needs.
- Removes the toxic nature of conventional divorce, providing a more amicable method for couples going through the divorce process and preserving relationships afterwards.
- Provides a support system encompassing expert legal and financial guidance, as well as compassion for all involved.
- Establishes conditions that result in respectful and open dialogue toward a mutually agreeable settlement.
- A more comprehensive agreement is often reached, based on respectful negotiations, mediation, and cooperation between parties, where you and your spouse decide the issues, rather than by a judge in court.
- Focuses on the well being of the family beyond the divorce.